Re: need quick pointer for sound config

Hi,

I don't know what it is, but I've never goten these cards to work on
Debian when built as modules (even when they worked with the same
module and setting in a different distro, this is particularly weird
because I rebuilt the kernel sever times under each distro with the
same results).

So, compiling the driver into the kernel is my recommendation.  Here's
the /dev/sndstat on a Debian box with working sound (not An OptiPlex)
and CS4232 on boardcard:

Installed drivers:
Type 21: CS4232
Type 22: CS4232 MIDI
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)

Card config:
CS4232 MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0
CS4232 at 0x530 irq 7 drq 0,3

Audio devices:
0: Crystal audio controller (CS4236) (DUPLEX)

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: MPU-401 (UART) MIDI

Timers: