Re: Apache- CGI

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 01:44:28PM -0400, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> I installed the apache module yesterday using apt-get.
> I have just changed to debian as RH was getting me down.  Anyway's I edited
> the httpd.conf file and see no mention of "CGI" at all.  In RH The lines
> were already in the conf file I just needed to edit them to my needs.

Debian uses three config files: httpd.conf, srm.conf and access.conf
( actually until recently all versions of apache used three configuration
files ). The cgi entries are in /etc/apache/srm.conf

> Also
> 1 more debian questions and that is file permissions.  Can i chmod a whole
> directory and its contents?  I have a images directory but chmod 777 images
> or whatever does not change the files within the directory.  Thanks for any
> help.

chmod -R xxx dirname, see "man chmod" for more information.

cheers,

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : staf@digibel.org