OT?: Mozilla doesn't find mime types?

Hi,

My Mozilla (up to M18) has no mime types set in the preferences item
"helper applications". I seem to remember that I had to install a
package (I use potato) so that Netscape can use /etc/mime.info. Has this
something to do with it?  Since I didn't find anything on bugzilla, i
guess I've overlooked an obvious thing to do.

Second thing: When I highlight text in moz's URL field, I can't see the
highlighting when I'm in one account. In an other account it works fine
(both use gnome + sawmill with same theme)

Thanks for any help

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. Visit http://www.gnu.org/