Re: kde2 problem

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 11:26:07AM -0400, Andy Bastien wrote:
> I've installed KDE2 from Debian's servers, but I haven't had much luck
> getting it running.  What happens, basically, is kicker dies with a
> signal 11 almost as soon as it starts up (the status indicator is on
> "Restoring session").  What I do get is a placid blue screen with a
> couple of icons on it.  It looks to me like I'm missing a library, but I
> have no unresolved dependencies.  I've included  what seems to be the
> relevant X output.  Does anybody have any ideas?

I have the same problem.  KDE2 is apparently broken just now -- it has
worked in the recent past.  History suggests that there will be new .debs
today or tomorrow which will be broken in different ways.  KDE2 is still
evolving -- I suggest you either use KDE, if you really need it to work,
or just do apt-get update/upgrade every day if you want to status KDE2.