Re: Vim vs Elvis -- was "Mutt's Editor"

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 11:59, will trillich wrote:

> emacs fans, please turn the other cheek--
>
> how does vim compare to elvis? which is the resource hog?
> which does better syntax highlighting? which makes your teeth
> whiter?

FWIW, I was an early (early 90's) user of elvis. I switched to vim
several years ago and haven't looked back.

I still use nvi on occasion 'cause it will show me ^M's in a file and
it's easier to `nvi file` than to look up how to get vim to do it.  ;->

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\