Re: Please advise

Quoth Tino Ionescu,
> 1. Where exactly (or what is the package name) for "printool". I can't
> find it on the Potatoe CD's. Is there any other tool for installing a
> printer?

Sorry, can't help you with that one. Try `apt-cache search printool' or
something similar.

> 2. Can anybody direct me where to find the driver for printer
>    Deskjet 560C? Is it on Potatoe disk  ? I found "djtools" but no
> driver...

I am currently using a HP 695c, which I believe is similar. The way I
set it up is to install magicfilter and run magicfilter-config, which
sets up your printcap to use the correct printer and filters. It's very
easy, and the HP deskjets seem to be well supported.

cheers,

damon

BTW, wouldn't it be *extremely* painful to read such a high-traffic list
on a webmail service? Some people gluttons for punishment!

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,