Re: book

Hello there,

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Mike Harrison wrote:

> We bought the book to investigate Linux and I gave it to an engineer.

Which book?

> "I tried loading the Debian Linux, but the disk layout is not the same as
> stated in the book (quel supris).
> Anyway there was a readme file on the disk, so I read it. That was also
> wrong. There should be some binary disk images on tehcd

Which CD?

> to enable you to
> make some boot floppies. There are not. There should be an dos executable
> (rawrite.exe) to wite the images.

Right.
But the information you give above is a bit sparse to be of any help to
the list. Or did I miss something? If you could give the name of the book
and what you did, where you looked for the disk-images, e.g., then it
would be easier for someone on the list, to offer you some help or give a
comment.
Regards,
Daniel