Keyboard wierdness

Ok, this is *really* strange:

I have a fairly new setup: woody + 2.4.0-test9 kernel.  I had everything
working fine.  I wanted to move my computer, so I shut it down, carried
it over to new location, and turn it back on.  When it comes up into XDM
I discover the keyboard does nothing.  I try a second keyboard, still
nothing.  Rebooting shows the keyboards work fine while the system is
booting, but when it gets into X they stop.  Finally, I just booted into
single user mode, and the keyboard is fine.

Ideas???

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--