Access to WWW via ISDN and Netscape Navigator (beginner)

Hi linuxuser!

I had installed Debian 2.2r0 potato. First the basesystem and all packages
of the directorys Imp and Std. Next i installed the X Window system Netscape
and isdnutils. I think the ISDN-card is working cause i had a connection of
one second by typing isdnctrl dial ippp0 on consiole. Isdnlog made this
message. If i now start netscape there is a message like netscape is unable
to locate the server ....... And there is another window wirh a reference to
the environmentvariable SOCKS_NS. I´m sorry, but i don´t understand  this
text. Must i set this variable to use netscape as normal user? And if yes,
what is the content of SOCKS_NS? Is there any other that i had forget to do?

Thanx, have a nice day