Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: dhcpcd weirdness
From: David Walter <dwalter@syr.edu>
Date: 12 Oct 2000 13:30:36 -0400

    Andrew> Well, I guess I _could_ use a shell script to start it,
    Andrew> but it bothers me that it used to work yet suddenly does
    Andrew> not.  The config files sure seem to be written correctly.
    Andrew> I have installed other packages since dhcpcd that mess
    Andrew> with network things, such as ssh and oidentd, but I don't
    Andrew> see how this would affect dhcpcd since it has its own
    Andrew> config file??

I think that I had experienced the same  problem. I had other problems
with my configuration  so I modified  the script I had already  built,
but recently came  across something that made me  think that it wasn't
dhcp per se that was failing, it  was that ifconfig and init.d/network
hadn't  run  prior to the  dhcp  run, or  something wasn't initialized
before dhcp  ran.   A hand start  of dhcp  worked after boot,  later I
modified to  call dhcp   from another  script    ( I think  this   was
effectively why the fix  I had performed  earlier was working,  though
not sure now. )

If that is some help? :) maybe it was a delay time to load a module or
initialize the card?  I know that I had problems similar  to this on a
laptop with potato or woody installed.

--
/^\
\ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN