Re: printer setup problem

Seung-woo Nam wrote:

> Hi:
> I configured my printer setting with printtool, however, when I try to
> print only thing I get is 'No spool file found' printed on the paper.
> The entry in printcap is identical to the one in my redhat which is
> working. I suspected ther is lp.lock file in /var/spool/lpd/lp
> directory. Would that be the problem?
>
> Seung-woo Nam
>
> --

Hi,

i got the same problem, my solution is magicfilters.

# dpkg --purge lpr
# dpkg --purge magicfilter

... deinstall all packages who have anything to do with printing.

# dpkg -i lpr_0.48-1.deb
# dpkg -i magicfilter_1.2-39.deb
# magicfilterconfig --force

under /etc/magicfilter are all filters you can access.

no i got all my 4 remote printers again. :-))

Only one question how can i configure that magicfilters prints 2 pages on one ?

cu armin