Re: Telnet to mail host replies connection refused

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:39:20PM -0400, Paul McHale (pmchale@doubleesolutions.com) wrote:
> > From: kmself@ix.netcom.com [mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com]
> > On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 10:28:26PM -0400, Paul McHale
> > (pmchale@doubleesolutions.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > When I type:
> > >
> > >    telnet IP_NUM 25
> > >
> > > I get:
> > >
> > >    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection Refused

> Additional information in response.  When I do the telnet, it is from the
> machine running the mailserver so networking and firewalls shouldn't
> interfere.  I can ping out from the machine.  PS shows sendmail is running
> with the following message:
>
> Sendmail: Rejecting connection on port 25 : min free: 100
>
> hosts.allow has "sendmail: all".  IP filtering I'm not sure about.

Anything regarding sendmail or port 25 in your system logs?

It ***helps*** to tell us everything relevant about a situation,
including whether or not you have command-line access to the system in
question.   We can't see your system or guess your network configuration
by telepathy.

Strongly recommend you take a look at this rant on problem reporting:

    How to Report Bugs Effectively
    jeff covey <jeff.covey at pobox.com> - February 26th 2000, 23:59 EDT

    http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html