Re: problem with installing netatalk

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:08:28AM +0200, EMMETROP wrote:
> Hello,
> i tried apt-get install netatalk and the downloading seems OK but i got
> several error messages after, what can i do now ?

things like invalid argument or such from the kernel?

those would be caused if you don't have AppleTalk compiled into your
kernel.  atalkd requires that.  but you don't need atalkd if all you
want to to is export AFP shares, since those can go over TCP/IP
exclusivly.

i only start apfd and not atalkd at all.  then i don't need appletalk
(and it does not flood my network with crap)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/