PHP4 & Apache

Could someone please explain, in idiot-level detail, how to get a .php
file to display correctly in Netscape.

I apt-get installed PHP4 (which included Apache) a few days ago.  I've
started Apache okay with:

LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php.source .phps

in /etc/apache/httpd.conf, and:

#AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
#AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

in /etc/apache/srm.conf.  I also have:

application/x-httpd-php				phtml pht php
application/x-httpd-php3			php3
application/x-httpd-php3-source			phps
application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed 		php3p

in /etc/mime.types.

I have this simple script called /home/steve/hello.php:

<?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>

When I open it in Netscape, it wants to save it as a .php file.  I've
tried running it from /var/www and I get the same result.  I've tried
setting Netscape to use php for types of application/x-httpd-php but it
just says it can't find php.

Do I need to start PHP as a daemon or something?  What am I missing - this
is really starting to annoy me now.  Do I need to alter Apache's
configuration somehow?  Please help!

Steve.