Silly Problem: Unable to access deb-files via CD-ROM

Dear debian-users,

I am attempting to install Debian from a set of official potato-CDs.
Well, the installation process for the base system was rather painless
up to the point when it asked me for configuring 'apt':

    Choose the method apt should use to access the Debian archive...

Of course I entered cdrom, but the installer complained, that it could
not find the device (which is actually /dev/hdb in my case).
I inserted every single CD with no success, so I finally cancelled
apt-configuration.

So far I have got Debian installed just with the most basic files from
base2_2.tgz - and it _did_ come from CD-ROM. Up to now everything seems
properly installed, but what about all the other packages?

Could you please tell me how to configure apt correctly?

Any kind of hint will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andeas.