Re: apt && woody.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Seth Cohn wrote:

> It would be useful, Jason, to understand what the message means:

It means an error that is not understood by the code was generated by the
lookup. An error that is not 'name not found' or 'service not found'.
I've never seen this prior to the new libc6..

Lets try to capture the error code form getaddrinfo and see whats up.

http://auric.debian.org/~jgg/apt_0.3.19.1_i386.deb

Has a version which ought to print out a number in brackets that can be
cross referenced to /usr/include/netdb.h (the EAI_ defines) to determine
what code glibc is spitting out, we can then investigate glibc's source to
determine why it would spit that out, then figure out WTF is wrong.

Jason