Re: apt && woody.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > 	anyway, after hours of upgrading over a 28.8K modem the process
> > 	has finished. However something now seems broken with apt-get
> > 	I did notice a warning about name resolution and the new C
> > 	library when installing the new packages. Perhaps a reboot might
> > 	fix the following problem:

I also have seen this problem happen with woody after upgrading
post libc/libdb issues.  I didn't see it before at all.  A reboot hasn't
helped.

> I've heard this many times.. I have no idea what causes it.. it should not
> be happening, the getaddrinfo call should never return something that
> causes the message you see!
>
> If you find out what this is please let me know..

It would be useful, Jason, to understand what the message means:

something wicked happened  is pretty vague.

Is the problem the DNS failed, or what?  This is a case where a clearer
error messgae would really help track down the problem.

no time right now to browse the sources, or else I would...

Seth