Re: Defrag in Win2000 no good for FIPS

Matthew Sherborne wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good defrag program for plain DOS or Win2000 that
> won't leave directory entries at the end of the drive ?
>
> I want to install Debian to share a Win2000 computer but, I can't defrag the
> drive to shift everything to the front.

One instance where I've heard of files refusing to be moved is from the swap
files.  As far as I know the way around this is to turn off the swap in
Windows, and then try the defrag again.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.