Telling a printer to STOP PRINTING

Can somebody please tell me how I can tell my printer to STOP?

My desparate attempt to stop it from printing out the rest of a document
after I specifically told the word processor to print out only the first
page resulted in the current situation the printer is in now:

It wants to keep "printing" blank pages, over and over and over and over
again.  I can't just wait for it to stop, because the piece of shit
can't take paper from the tray by itself anymore without me pushing a
piece of paper in every time.  After manually feeding in the same piece
of paper a couple dozen times, hoping the printer would get sick of it
before me (yeah, right), I'd really like to know how to just tell it to
please, please stop.

I've tried turning it off and back on, pulling the plug and then
plugging it back in, getting rid of the original queue (which is what
probably got it printing blank pages instead of the rest of the document
in the first place), and restarting the printer daemon, to no avail.

It's an HP DeskJet 672C, if that helps (it sure as hell hasn't helped
ME... piece of crap.)

--
Tom
"I myself know nothing, except just a little, enough to extract an