Why do emacs' info files not show up in info?

One good aspect of emacs always was the very good documentation.
However, after installing emacs20 from potato I discovered that "info
emacs" shows the man page and that there is not a way to get the info
files to show up when calling emacs' info mode.

I have noticed that most of the files in /usr/share/info have -info or
.info in there name, but emacs' files and some other packages also
don't - and they do not show in when calling info.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

Johann.
--
J.H. Spies - Tel/Faks +27-21-876-2337 Sel/Cell +27-82 898 1528
     "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,