doc-base breaks installation

I have now - after some frustration succeeded in fine-tuning a new
potato system.

One of my frustrations was doc-base.  Several times apt would not
function because of error messages of the some packages' control
script relating to doc-base.  Later I found that if I remove doc-base,
the installation would proceed smoothly.

Is the problem with doc-base or are the postinst scripts of the
packages buggy?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel/Faks +27-21-876-2337 Sel/Cell +27-82 898 1528
     "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,