Re: Speaking of isapnp...

                    Nick Cook
                    <ncook@idt.ne        Para:   debian-user@lists.debian.org
                    t>                   cc:
                    Enviado Por:         Assunto:     Speaking of isapnp...
                    nick@idt.net

                    08/10/00
                    17:32
                    Responder a
                    ncook

pnpdump only generates an output with several options. You'll have to
modify each one, and write the results to /etc/isapnp.conf (pnpdump >
/etc/isapnp.conf does the task). So, You'll pick 1 of up to 3 IRQs, etc,
uncommenting the lines (removing #). If you have a dual boot machine, I
recommend you to use the same IRQ's an IO's values that are used under
windows.
I think that if you have isapnp installed, you don't have to do something
else. It'll read /etc/isapnp.conf and configure your card(s).
You should try to do isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf, before booting, so you'll
know the results before booting.

I'm a newbie(mostly). I'm answering you because I did a lot of mess with
isapnp, and my system did not crash.