Re: netscape crashes

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, FIOL BONNIN Antonio wrote:

> The most fascinating thing is that now, most of the times it gets frozen,
> when I kill the window (I'm uning WindowMaker, and choose the Kill option
> on the window's menu), XF86_SVGA gets also killed.
>
> In fact, I have observed that XF86_SVGA only gets killed IF its CPU use is
> near to 100% at the moment I kill netscape. I mean, some of the netscape
> crashes make X to be CPU hungry, and if I kill netscape then, X crashes
> with it.

For the record, I've seen this with RedHat 6.x also.  It seems that if I
clue in that netscape has gone berserk soon enough and kill it, I'm
fine.  But if I wait a minute, it hogs so many resources the only option
is a reboot.

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--