Re: wvdial / kppp

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 12:57:36PM -0400, thus spake Christopher W. Aiken:
> Has anybody been able to get connected to WorldShare
> using wvdial?  It can be done with kppp but I would
> prefer to use wvdial.

Have you tried?  What happened? What error messages did you get?
Jave you configured wvdial ?  The basic method is below (from the
wvd faq)

3. Quick start.

Assuming everything works perfectly, the following will get you on-line if
you're running as root.
- wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
- vi /etc/wvdial.conf           [edit username/password/phone]
- vi /etc/resolv.conf           [edit nameservers]
- wvdial

HTH

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *