Some minor mail problems w/ Debian 2.2

Hello all,

I've recently started using Debian 2.2, and I'm having a few weird mail
issues popping up.  If anyone could provide some assistance, or nudge me
in the direction of some specific spot in the documentation, I'd
appreciate it greatly.

1)  Added the sources for the online repositories to
/etc/apt/sources.list, did the apt-get upgrade thing, and am happily
using Netscape 4.75 -- w/ one exception.  When I enter the information
for the pop/smtp server that I receive/send mail from, I cannot get any
new mail.  When I click on the 'Get Messages' icon, it(Netscape) tells
me that I have no new messages.  Like heck I don't!  At the time I had
something like 200+ messages on my Yahoo! account.  I've set this up in
the past on other systems (Mandrake, SuSE, RedHat), and I'd be
interested on why it doesn't seem to be functional on Debian.

2)  I have exim installed currently.  I tried sendmail, as my previous
setup had been sendmail + install-sendmail (a perl setup script), which
had been pretty painless, and had gotten everything delivered w/ the
right addresses and whatnot, plus setup fetchmail easily.  I tried doing
the same setup on Debian, and it doesn't seem to get along real well w/
the install-sendmail script.  Since I'm not masochistic enought to want
to edit sendmail for my simple home setup, I was looking towards
masqmail, but I need to know what I need to do to get it to accept mails
from fetchmail.  I read thru the docs, but something wasn't working
right, because fetchmail couldn't get a response on port 25.

3)  After setting up fetchmail, and running it, I seem to be getting a
bunch of mails (so far over a dozen) which show up in Netscape as having
no title, being from milanuk@yahoo.com (me), and the header is displayed
as part of the message.  As such, the Netscape filters don't move them
to the appropriate folders correctly.  What could be causing this?

Thanks for your time, and any help is greatly appreciated,

Monte