What does this cron message mean?

Subject: Cron <root@maui> test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report
    /etc/cron.daily

/etc/cron.daily/exim:
Exim retry database in spool /var/spool/exim
Failed to open database file retry: Invalid argument
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/exim exited with return code 1

I get this cron message ever since I upgraded exim last week
(unstable). Do I have to be worried? Mail gets delivered correctly, I
think.

BTW, I don't believe I have anacron installed on my system, and I don't
really need it either, since it's up almost always.

Thanks,
Frederik

--

So we follow our wandering paths, and the very darkness acts as our guide and
our doubts serve to reassure us.