Re: ps2pdf and LaTeX's seminar style

Damn, I had to make a presentation using a laptop and a projector.
I could not use a PDF file because acroread would not show the
document in landscape. From the previous messages the way to convert
the PS to PDF is given by the next example.

Say the latex file is:

\documentclass[semhelv,landscape,12pt]{seminar}
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}
	A darned slide.
\end{slide}
\end{document}

$ latex test.tex
$ dvips -Ppdf -t landscape test.dvi -o test.ps

Edit the postscript with:

Thomas Halahan wrote:

> > Another person showed me that I can do what I wish by changing the
> > PostScript Prolog.  Dvips produces
> >
> > %%BeginSetup
> > %%Feature: *Resolution 1200dpi
> > TeXDict begin
> >  @landscape
> > %%EndSetup
> >
> > If I modify this to
> >
> > %%BeginSetup
> > %%Feature: *Resolution 1200dpi
> > TeXDict begin
> >   << /PageSize [792 612] /Orientation 0 >> setpagedevice
> > %%EndSetup

After checking http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/a1/pdfcreat.htm we
use the cammand:

$ ps2pdf -dMaxSubsetPct=100 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.2 \
  -dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true test.ps test.pdf

$ acroread test.pdf

Now it shows right within acroread! I guess I won't be
needing Corel Office 2000 or StarOffice now :).

--
Rafael