Re: (1) xdvi (2) ATI Rage Fury Pro 128 & Xfree86-v4.0.1

Hello,

Interesting. I will try this at home. (Here at work I don't have this problem)

One small question. In which file should I have specified this expert mode?

Greetings,

Stefan.

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 12:39:08PM +0200, Daniel Reuter wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> Seems to me more like a xdvi configuration problem. Are you sure, that you
> havn't specified the expert option either in your X-resources or on the
> command line? Because that would make the buttons go away.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, stefan goeman wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> > I have an ATI Rage Fury Pro 128 graphics card. It seems that it is almost impossible to get this working with XFree86-v3.3.6, therefore I installed XFree86-v.4.0.1. Now my X environement seems to work well. By the way, more info about installing X with ATI card can be found at
> > http://www4.ncsu.edu/~distclai/rage128-howto.html
> >
> > I had one small problem. When I rebooted, the PC hang when initializing XFS. So far I have not found the reasom why and I just had to remove S30xfs from /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc3.d disabeling XFS.
> >
> > I had the impression that everything worked well until I started xdvi. The buttons (like Quit, Abort, Again, ...) are not present. I have no idea why and what I can do about this.
> >
> > Anybody any ideas??
> >

> > P.S.: I already posted this message to xpert@xfree.org. So, sorry for cross-posting this message.

*                 SIEMENS ATEA NV                      *
*  ICN D NC A:                                         *
*    Ir. Stefan Goeman                                 *
*    Tel: +32 14 253020                                *
*    e-mail: Stefan.Goeman@siemens.atea.be             *
*  P.S.: Linux is great!!                              *