Re: Article: Debian's Daunting Installation

I could see a person new to computers having some problems
with installing Debian. It isn't the best install in the
world. However, anyone who has a good understanding of
computers (by this I don't mean Start->Programs->MS Word)
should be able to install Debian with little trouble.

I've installed 1.3 and 2.1 on my system. I upgraded from 1.3
to 2, then to 2.1, and then was the victim of a hard drive
death. 2.1 seems to be a lot easier, with the ability to
choose different installation types.

I digress. My point is, Debian isn't difficult, even relative
to the other 'main' Linux based distros out there, to install.
It could be made better, but it isn't worth not using
Debian over.
--
Chaotic42 <chaotic42@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~chaotic42/

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle