Re: A pc with XFree 4.0.1 as X terminal for a SparcStation IPC

* Rafael E. Herrera <raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu> [001004 18:50]:
> However, when I log in, the colors are all very poor, it seems
> that the clients are running at 8 bpp. The X server is running at 16
> bpp.
>
> Any advise will be welcome.

SPARC machines (and especially the 32-bit ones) are not known for their
graphics... the IPC is no exception.  Chances are that you have either
a CG3 or a CG6 (aka. GX) in your IPC.  Neither are cabaple of more than
8-bit graphics, and I'm sorry to say you have no alternative for more
than 8-bit.