Re: Laptop (was: Re: Unidentified subject!)

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 05:27:19PM +0000, stefan goeman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am installing Debian (potato) on a laptop PC.
> I have two questions concerning XF86config.
> 1) How should I set up a touchpad mouse ?

It is likely that it is a ps2 on /dev/psaux.

> 2) Does anybody have any idea about the horizontal and vertical refresh
> rates of the screens on laptops (It is a SIEMENS Scenic Mobile 700)

Check http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

It has links to info on many specific laptops.

> Greetings,
>
> Stefan

PS:  Please use an informative subject line.  You also might want to try
asking on debian-laptop if you haven't already... (but don't cross-post).

>                                                           ////
>                                                          (. .)
>           ICN D NC A:                               SIEMENS ATEA NV
>    .~.                                              Atealaan 34
>   (O O)   Ir. Stefan Goeman                         B-2200 Herentals
>   /\/\      Tel: +32 14 253020                        (Belgium)
>  //  \\     e-mail: Stefan.Goeman@siemens.atea.be
> /((_))\
> ooO Ooo   P.S.: Linux is great !!

Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

For children with short attention spans: boomerangs that don't come back.