RE: libdb.so.3 missing

Andrew,

I have had very similar problems.  I upgraded to libc6
libc6_2.1.94-1, which caused certain programs (apache, gnome-apt) to
not locale libdb.so.3.  So I upgraded my libdb2 and this didn't help.
 As encouraged I upgraded to libc6_2.1.94-3 but I could not becuase
it required libdb.so.3 which was missing.  So I downdraded libc6 and
my ldconfig dissapeard.  I'm now in trouble - as I can't re-install
ldso (the package with ldconfig).

How did you reinstall ldconfig?

Tom