2.4.0-test kernels?

Can anyone provide some info on how to get working with a 2.4 kernel?
I need to switch so I can get my scsi card working with raid support.
Other than the kernel, I'd prefer to have everything as stable as
possible.

So far I've learned that I need to get an updated modutils, but that
causes all sorts of grief since the one in Woody depends on libc6,
etc.  And I've been unable (so far) to find any source .deb's.

BTW: what's up with #debian being an invite-only channel?

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--
--==## <menscher@uiuc.edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(217)333-0038 ##==--