Re: How to set Xserver resolution

>>>>> "Debian" == Debian Linux User <cld@core.com> writes:

    Debian> You could set up an alias.  HTH

That doesn't work to well if you are starting X via gdm...

Yes, you could alter /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, but this often gets
changed upstream (forcing you to merge the changes each time).

You can change lots of things via XF86Config, including BPP, power
saver mode, etc, so I wonder how you go about changing the DPI
setting.

FYI, when starting Gimp, Helix version, for the this time, it had an
option which displayed a window, which allowed for easy calculating
and setting of the resolution. However, I can't find out how to access
that anymore.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>