Re: Extended descriptions of non-free/non-US packages.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 01:12:17 +0930, Matthew Tuck wrote:
> In detail, I want this at the bottom of every package description in
> non-free/non-US:
>
> - if it's in non-US, explain what parts of the software use crypto,
> since it's not always obvious.
> - if it's in non-free for patent reasons, give the patent numbers and
> the locations in which the patents are held.  If it is DFSG compliant,
> explain this.  Explain which parts of the software embody the patents.

Personally, I think this would clutter the package descriptions to little
benefit. A much more appropriate place IMO is /usr/share/<package>/copyright.

Ray
--
RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may  not be a better one than the one
the blocks  live in but it'll be a sight more vivid.