Re: Canon BJC-1000 problem

Willy Lee writes:
> There was already a line there appearing to do the same thing, but using
> enscript instead of a2ps.

Then you are using a newer version of magicfilter then I am.

> lpr: connect: Connection refused jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.

Looks like an unrelated problem.

> I wonder if apsfilter, lprng, or CUPS would be better

Lprng is not a replacement for magicfiler.  It replaces lpr.  I'm using it.

Could someone who knows about printers help Willy?  It isn't my area.  I
just spoke up because I have a BJC-1000.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org