Re: libdb.so.3 missing

Ihad the same problem a couple of days ago--the hard party was that the library was
missing, so I couldn't upgrade to a working version.  It tried to preconfigure, and
then perl tanked with the same error message that you got.  What I did was ftp to
another machine, grab /usr/lib/libdb.so.3, and move it to the right place on the
broken box.  Then I immediately did an upgrade and the problem fixed itself with the
upgrade (the package in question got upgraded, overwriting the bad version.

I think we need a bumper sticker that says "Use Unstable Debian--live by the seat of
your pants."