ldconfig

Through some amazingly reckless use of dselect, I've managed to remove
ldconfig from my machine. Now I find myself in a seemingly bootstrap-ish

position:

dpkg is erring out that it can't find ldselect
important packages are broken (half installed or half configured); stuff

like stuff like libc6, gcc, g++,  kernel-source, etc.

Any ideas on how to get it back?
I'd like to try putting a binary of it back on but I'm afraid a canned
version might not be configured for my system.

krafty