Re: tape drive

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:56:27 CDT, techlist@techgod.net writes:
>I just installed an HP SCSI Tape drive on my Debian(2.2) server.  How do
>I found out what device it installed it as, and how do I mount it, so I can ta
>r stuff onto it?

You don´t _mount_ a tape drive. You _t_ape _ar_chive (hence tar) stuff
 to/from it.

Try "tar cv /path/to/file >/dev/st0", then "tar xv </dev/st0" to verify
 integrity.

Tape-drive commands like rewind, erase etc are accessible via the
 "mt"-util.

hth,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /