Re: Dual NIC Problem

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:31:38PM -0400,
Kimsey-Hickman, Brian <Brian.Kimsey-Hickman@comptroller.co.orange.fl.us> wrote:

> I have tried to set up a telnet session using both the ip and host name.
> When using the ip number I get just the "telnet> " prompt with no error
> messages.

Do you have any services running that you could telnet into? For example:

telnet 127.0.0.1 110

or something like that to see if anything is running.

>When I use the host name and get and "Unknown Host" error.  I can
> ping the ip address without any problem.

Sounds like a name configuration error. How is your network set up? Are you trying to
access a home network from work?

--
Chaotic42 <chaotic42@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~chaotic42/

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle