Re: Woody broke my system

Yeah, my apache and exim have broken for me.

Apache:

/usr/sbin/apache: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by /usr/lib/libdb.so.3)
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Fetchmail is getting the mail from the SMTP server, but exim is not delivering
the mail to the local boxes.  I had to add myself to group "mail" and change
group permissions on some directories before I could find some more useful
errors messages:

2000-09-28 12:02:17 13eh4b-0000Yu-00 Unable to get root to set uid 1000 and gid
8 for local delivery to joeytsai: uid=8 euid=8

This normally wouldn't bother me too much, but today, when I was trying to go
back to stable's libc6, I realized I don't have ldconfig anymore.  Sucks.

Anyway, if anyone has any similar problems and fixes I'd be interestd in knowing
as well.

	// joey tsai

:: David Vest ::