Re: Minimum hardware requirements? Web-based version?

Mensaje citado por: Dawn Miller <DawnM@mossadams.com>:

There is not a Minimum hardware rerequirements to
install Linux in General.

The linux Kernel is so modular that you could run linux
on a Floppy disk.

I just install Debian 2.2 on my old 486...

In general you need a 386 or better, and 1 floppy disk,
cd-rom (optional), hard-drive.

This is very importan that you recompile the kernel whit
your needs. <-- Here is where you put your minimun
requirements!!

> I have a client who uses Debian GNU/Linux (versions
2.2.6, 2.2.13, 2.0.18
> and 2.1.?) on four of their servers.
>
> I have two questions that I am trying to get answered
for them, and did not
> find the info on the Debian web site:
>
> 1)  What are the minimum hardware requirements for
installing Debian
> GNU/Linux?   Will this change for near-future versions
(next 18 mos or so)?

> 2)  Is there (or will there be) a web-based version of
this product
> available?
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance you can
provide.