Re: Changing from X to a virtual terminal doesn't work

Thanks both !

You were right. The framebuffer support was in the kernel (a debian
instalation kernel version 2.2.17-idepci). I didn't think about it.

It's a little bit strange. This kernel has also de configuration lines :

  CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
  CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y

so support would be quite generic.

For the moment I compiled a new kernel without the framebuffer support.
Only with de VGA_CONSOLE and VIDEO_SELECT options (they were also
selected in the previous kernel...). And it works fine !

May another day I will try with the framebuffer and Permedia 2 support.

Thank you very much again !

Unai