HOWTO get all the boot information, Re: boot information

Quoting Parrish M Myers (parrishmyers@yahoo.com):

> Does anyone know if there is a method of rereading the boot
> information, that gets displayed to the console, other than "dmesg"?
> It seems that the information that "dmesg" produces is not the same as
> what gets printed to the console.

Use Shift-PageUp/PageDown.

If you have gpm running, it's very simple, though slightly tedious,
to capture the lot to a file:

Boot up.
Log in.
Press Return enough times to move everything you want to capture off
the top of the screen, or the next command will destroy it.
ae boot.messages
Hold down Shift-PageUp to get to the top.
Drag the cut button over all the text.
Press the paste button.
Hold down Shift-PageUp to get to the top and press Shift-PageDown twice.
Repeat ad nauseam, pressing 4times, 6times etc.
Tidy it up by deleting the first line of each pair of identical lines
(as the bottom of one page is the top of the next.

Now you can examine it at leisure or archive it.

Cheers,