Re: apt and perl

> /usr/bin/perl:  error loading shared libraries:  libdb.so.3 not
> found  Cannot open shared object file:  No such file or directory.
>
> Yet when I type "locate libdb.so.3", it says that /usr/lib/libdb.so.3
> exists!!  I certainly can't install any package to fix it, since I
> can't install anything at all.  Someone please help . . .

Yeah, I ran into that tonite. Get the new libdb2 package. If it wont
install, go directly to /var/cache/apt/archives and install the package by
hand with:

dpkg -i libdb2_2%3a2.7.7-2.1_i386.deb

Then you might have to also maually install the ld.so package. Then rerun
apt.

NOTE: I have found it is NOT a good idea to use apt-get dist-upgrade with
unstable. Use apt-get upgrade instead. It gives you a chance to see what
is going to get left behind. As a matter of fact, my usual procedure is:

apt-get update
apt-get -s upgrade

Look at what package are NOT going to be upgraded and check out why with

apt-get -s install <package>

The -s option SHOWS you what it would do without really doing it. You get
a chance to see ahead of time if things are gonna get removed.