Re: I'm afraid I've been cracked.

hi ya william

yes....true that grepping is kinda silly....but  i just want to see if
anybody even tried...am gambling that most try but fail to get in...
( assuming too that they did not modify the log files and binaries etc
( to hide themself

i need to add *grep and lsof to that list to get a checksum of the
binaries....even simple ls -l of the binaries is a good start

and more importantly...save your "valuable data" on a 2nd system elsewhere

rootkits is getting very good to hide itself... i think...
getting harder to find if and how they got in...

c ya
alvin

http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Lsec......
   our very first.."securityfest" to try to break into or defend  virgin
   linux installs...