Re: OT what happens to mail when...

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, will trillich wrote:

> obvious one would be http/web stuff). seems very silly to offer that,
> and then shut down your server just to play
> 'how-many-ways-can-regedit-fsck-my-shell*'?

But not everyone can afford to have a second computer to play games on :}

That said, there's something to be said for buying a 4-year-old (approx.)
used Pentium system and turning it into a dedicated Linux system and using
your modern system exclusively for Windows.  That's what I have (well... I
bought the aforementioned Pentium when it was new, also).

Other than having occasional IP Masquerading issues you will have no
trouble.  But using portfw in the 2.2 kernel I haven't yet run into a
masquerading problem I cannot solve...