Re: How to see module errors on bootup?

%% Moritz Schulte <tux@gmx.li> writes:

  ms> ehm, you can scroll on the linux console with shift+page_down/page_up.

You can only do this up until you switch to a different console, for any
reason.  Once that happens, all history on the first one is gone.

For example, if you use XDM or GDM you're pretty much out of luck.
You'll have to disable them while you debug the problem.  Also, if you
try to jump to a different terminal to look at or fix problems you find,
you'll lose all your history.

In short, this works to some extent but is not convenient.  Now, logging
_all_ the boot message somewhere _would_ be extremely convenient.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development