Re: Debian newbie.

> I am very new to Debian systems.  I've been running RH-based systems for a
> couple of years, so I'm not a linux newbie.  However, I have about a dozen
> questions which I'm _sure_ are faq's.
>
> Where does a guy like me go to get a good Debian-newbie faq?  I've checked
> http://www.debian.org/doc, but all of those are too general for the problems
> that I'm having (or they don't address the problems that I'm having).  Also,
> the link to the faq-o-matic seems to be down. :(
>
> Sorry for the trouble.

Beside the man and info pages, each deb might have some docs in
/usr/share/doc/package (or /usr/doc/package). You might start there.

I also suggest you to send couple of questions to the list. Although they
might be in a FAQ, the answers you will get will get you starting to get
acquainted to the distro more quickly.