RE: does the new edition have support for sis 530 video chipset

I have the SiS 530 and it works fine.  I think it's 622 in the list given by
xf86setup :-) Use the SVGA server (I downloaded some native drivers but had
problems)
As for winmodems, don't expect any success.  There's a site out there that
has a few drivers but I don't have the URL (it was given here a few weeks
ago).  Of course, if you get an external modem you'll be OK.
Tim Anderson